Togetherness of the Season


The message I’ve heard from lots of the people over the last week has been consistent: Why is December flying by so fast?

The month certainly snuck up on a lot of people, including me. And when you realize that the holiday season is shorter than usual given where Christmas lands, it’s easy for sudden panic to set in. We need to start celebrating now!! Get the tree up! Cue the Christmas music! Place the Amazon order! Those cookies won’t make themselves! Right about now, the phrase ‘hustle and bustle of the season’ makes a lot of sense.

But what if you just paused for a moment to think about our own meaning of the holiday season? Place the wonder and magic of the season (which is great) aside and really think about what this time of year means to you?

To me, it’s the idea of togetherness that I’m dialed into this Christmas. I think that for a lot of people, being together during the holidays is more important than ever, considering so many of us were apart from loved ones last year. Not only will I see my family, but I’ve made it a point to reach out to friends I haven’t connected with in a while and made plans to catch up.    

I’m also recognizing the togetherness of our community. We already live in a very giving community, but this time of year really shines the spotlight on those who give to some amazing causes and nonprofit organizations that make Northeast Wisconsin a great place to call home.

I hope that CP is one of those places for you. Our work to help children and adults with disabilities reach their personal goals for independence is something that can be felt well beyond our four walls. CP clients are our friends, family and neighbors, and they have amazing stories to share. If you are inspired, consider a gift as well. It will certainly go a long way and make a big difference.

I hope you find what the holidays really mean to you, and grab it with both hands so you get everything out of it that you can. I also hope that your meaning, no matter what it is, lasts you all year long. Okay… back to the Christmas music.

Want to read more? Sign up for our BLOG

Want more great CP client stories? Sign up for our EMAIL LIST

Comments

Popular Posts